Scholars' Academy Middle School Information Session & Tours
Scholars' Academy holds 3 Parent Information Sessions and Tours on November 8, 9 and 10th during the school day. Seeing our school in action is the best way to learn about our school.
Parents must register to attend and present valid identification upon arrival. Parents or students unable to attend are encouraged to view the online Scholars' Academy Middle School Virtual Tour and review the information presentation which will be posted after the event.
We ask that you register for one session only. Due to space limitations only the parent and prospective student may attend. Please register HERE.
- Is ranked one of the best and most diverse schools in New York City! Check it here.
- Has been awarded consecutively as a New York State Reward School!
- Empowers students to earn high school credits in middle school and college credits in high school!
You may take a look at the following links for more information on Scholars' Academy.
Middle SchoolVirtual Tours
Expectations and Qualifications
Interviews will be granted on a competitive basis weighing the following data: Combined Standardized Common Core ELA, Math & Science Exam Scores for grades 3 & 4 or the Equivalent, Attendance, Individual Responsibility, Character Learning Profiles from Current School, Demonstrated Success with Special Needs.
GIVEN THE HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICANTS, INTERVIEWS ARE NOT GUARANTEED
- The Scholars' Academy offers rigorous and accelerated coursework. Students are expected to maintain an 85 and above average, adhere to a discipline and dress policy, and complete multiple high school level courses by the end of 8th grade.
- Continuing students in Scholars' Academy HS will be on course for earning Regents' and Advanced Regents Diplomas by the end of tenth grade enabling the completion of advanced placement and college accredited courses in 11th and 12th grades.
- Students engage in a rigorous course of study that includes 3 high school courses and Regents Exams in Grade 8 (Living Environment/Science, Integrated Algebra/Math, and the Spanish Proficiency Exam Course/Spanish). All students are competitively ranked. Students with Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) are encouraged to apply.
- Free yellow busing is ONLY provided to students living between 1-5 miles from school.
- Students who are ineligible for yellow busing will receive MetroCards for public transportation.
The Scholars' Academy Middle School Application will be available in November for September 2018 admission.
Please check back in November for the Middle School Application, directions, and criteria.
The application process will begin again in the fall. The general timeline for MS applications is as follows:
- November – applications are open and available on this website
- December – deadline to submit application
- Late February – Interview appointment letters are mailed to students
- March – Interviews of prospective students
- Late April – Acceptance letters are mailed to students
High School Admissions
Priority for High School Admissions is given to continuing 8th graders.
Historically 90% of the available seats have gone to continuing 8th graders.
We anticipate filling ALL seats this year with continuing 8th graders.
We are not running any high school information sessions or tours for families outside of Scholars'.