SAT Word of the Day
proximity | proximidad: (noun).
Def.: nearness in time, location, relation
Ex.: Because our house is in proximity to the airport, I hear planes all day long.
Scholars’ Live Streaming
Scholars’ Sports & After School
Scholars’ Academy Morning Messages (add one)
HS: Bayard Rustin Girls Varsity Volleyball Tournament
Congratulations to the Lady Seawolves who finished as finalist in the Bayard Rustin Girls Varsity Volleyball Tournament. A special shout out to Ava and Kyrsten , our MVP’s. WIsh them luck today as the take on Springfield Gardens.
Entire School: INTERNET SAFETY — LEARN ALL ABOUT IT AT THE TOWN HALL MEETING.
Our annual town hall meeting will take place tomorrow, October 14, 2015 @ 6:00 p.m. There will be two guest speakers Officer Marmol from the NYPD and Computer Technician Mr. Davila. They will be talking about cyber safety and how to protect yourself on the internet. We hope to see you there.
Entire School: Student Reflection From Advisory
On Friday, October 9th we held our first Advisory session for the school year. Please fill out the advisory student survey that is located under the section ‘Student Related’ on the landing page. The information collected from this survey is used to help plan future sessions.
HS: Grade 10 & 11 PSATs
Please be reminded that tomorrow all grade 10 & 11 students will take the PSATs. Students must arrive to school by 8:30 with pens and calculators. Students will have regular scheduled afternoon classes. All grade 10 students will have lunch period 6 and then report to their regular scheduled period 6 class during period 7. Students will test as follows:
Homeroom 101- Room 305
Homeroom 102 – Room 304
Homeroom 103- Room 303
Homeroom 104 – Room 302
Homeroom 105 – Room 301
Homeroom 111 – Room 326
Homeroom 112 – Room 328
Homeroom 113 – Room 330
Homeroom 114 – Room 332
HS: Grade 9 Room Changes due to PSAT on October 14
Please note that tomorrow grade 9 classes will take place in the following locations due to the PSATs.
Homeroom 901 & History – Room 311
Homeroom 902 & English – Room 310
Homeroom 903 & Geometry – Room 313
Homeroom 904 & Spanish – Room 315
Homeroom 905 & Science – Room 309
At the end of the day, all grade 9 classes should ensure their rooms are neat and desks are in rows for the PSATs. Thank you!
Entire School: Reading Celebration Night
One day left to Reading Celebration Night! We look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday night at 6:00pm. Show your school spirit by attending this event.
Entire School: This Friday is NOT a Dress Down Day
This Friday is NOT a dress down day. Our next dress down day will be on 10/23.
Entire School: Use of Staircases During Transitions
Due to the large number of students moving from one floor to the next, particularly during arrival, lunch and dismissal, it is imperative that students follow the UP and DOWN arrows located alongside stairwells. Simply put, if you are going upstairs, stay to your right. If you are going downstairs, stay to your right. This will minimize congestion, by preventing classes from going up and down the same staircase and having to walk around into each other. Signs have been placed at Stairwell B, on each floor, reminding students which doors they should be walking in through. Thank you for your cooperation. By adhering to these simple rules, even though it may seem that cutting around saves time, students will actually get to where they need to go more quickly.
Entire School: STUDENT GOVERNMENT INTEREST MEETING – FRIDAY 10/16/15
Do you have a vision for The Scholars’ Academy? Would you like your voice heard? Please come to the Student Government interest meeting Friday, October 16, 2015 at 1:15 p.m. in the Dining Room.
HS: “Seawolves Go Pink” Volleyball Tournament
The Girls Varsity Volleyball Team will be hosting their fifth annual “Seawolves Go Pink” Volleyball Tournament on Thursday, October 29th from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. This fundraiser event is for Scholars’ Academy high school students who would like to take part in a friendly competition through the sport of volleyball. Permission slips will be handed out in homeroom and are located outside Ms. Trpics’ room (room 138).
Entire School: Transition Changes Due to Upcoming Construction EFFECTIVE TODAY
The new transition plan goes into effect TODAY.
All students will enter and exit the yard through Exit C (exit between dining room and Ms. Worster’s room).
Students who go to yard first, at beginning of 5th period, will enter the yard through Exit C.
Students who are in the yard during the second half of 5th period will exit the yard through Exit C.
Normal access between the yard and dining room remains the same.
During fire drills, or in the event of an emergency or evacuation, all classes that exit through Stairwell B will continue using this exit.
However, as the yard will be inaccessible, students and staff will make an immediate left, walk down the path adjacent to the school yard towards Beach Channel Drive, and follow your normal fire drill route.
- PA Bylaw 2015-DRAFT
- SAHS 2015 Summer School
- 2015 SUMMER ASSIGNMENTS
- Alumni Transcript Request Form
- Guidance Office
- Crisis Resources for Families
- High School Events
- Library Media Center
- The High School Virtual Vour
- The Middle School Virtual Vour
- Curriculum Overview Night Vimeo Album
- Scholars’ Academy DOE Official Homepage
- Scholars’ Academy on Vimeo
- SAT Word of the Day Slides
- Add to the Morning Message
- View the Morning Messages
- The Weekly Event Preview
- The Scholars’ Academy Calendar
- Scholar’s Tech Support
- Technology Support Request Form
- Printer Information Form
- Classroom Technology Inventory
- Datacation 101
- Skedula Website
- Computer Lab Reservation
- Advisory Reflection Form
- Course Change Request Form HS
- Community Volunteer Organizations
- Community Service Page
- Student Metrocards
- Lost and Found
- Scholars’ Academy Student Actionable Suggestion Box
- Parent Testing Resources Site
- Art Open Access Pass, Grade 7
- 7th Personal Data Form
- Parent Handbook, 2015-2016
Scholars’ Academy Related
- Cellphone Policy
- SA’s Grading Policy 2015-2016
- Safety Materials for Distribution 2015-2016
- Gymnasium After School Reservation Form
- The Scholars’ Academy Staff Instructional Handbook 2015-16
- The Scholars’ Academy Staff Policy Handbook 2015-2016
- Custodial Maintenance Form
- Field Trip Form Package
- Overnight Trip Permission Slips
- Evening Event Forms (2015-2016)
- UFT’s guide to Advance
The Seaside Chronicle
- The Seaside Chronicle (Summer 2015)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Spring 2015)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Winter 2015)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Summer 2014)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Spring 2014)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Winter 2014)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Fall 2014)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Summer 2013)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Spring 2013)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Fall / Winter 2013)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Fall 2013)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Summer 2012)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Spring 2012)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Winter 2012)
- The Seaside Chronicle (Fall 2011)
- 6 Grade Student Schedules
- 7 Grade Student Schedules
- 8 Grade Student Schedules
- PE Rotation Website for Grade 6-8
- PE Rotation Schedule 2015-16
- 6th Grade Teacher Schedules
- 7th Grade Teacher Schedules
- 8th Grade Teacher Schedules
- 9th & 10th Grade Teacher Schedules
- 11th & 12th Grade Teacher Schedules
- Enrichment Teacher Schedules
- Physical Education Teacher Schedule
- SA’s Leadership Teams 2014-15
- PE Rotation Schedule 2015-16
- Para Schedules 2015-16
- School Aided Schedules 2015-16
- Office Staff Schedules 2015-16
- Guidance Counselor Schedules 2015-16
- Dean Schedules 2015-16
- Assistant Principal Schedules 2015-16
- Shared Room Usage
- Middle School Electives 2015-16
- Conflict Mediation Form
- Respect for All letter
- Student-to-Student Discrimination, Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Report
- Student-to-Student Sexual Harassment Complaint Form
- PBIS Suggestion Box
- PBIS Mentor Referral Form (2014-15)
- Cabinet Agenda and Minutes, 2014-2015
- Cabinet Agenda and Minutes, 2013-2014
- Principal’s PTA Report
- Principal’s Report September 2014
- SLT Agenda and Minutes, 2014-2015
- SLT Agenda and Minutes, 2013-2014
- December Principal’s Monthly SLT PA Report
- October Principal’s Monthly SLT PA Report
- Principal’s PTA Report 2013-2014
- SLT PA Data Summary 2013-2014 June Results
PD and CEP
|Music (Kohn) Chorus (Kohn)|
|Music Track (Kohn)||Physical Education|
|Middle School Period||Time||High School Period||Time|
|AM Homeroom||8:00 – 8:15||1||8:00 – 8:46|
|1||8:16 – 9:02||AM Homeroom||8:47 – 9:02|
|2||9:04 – 9:50||2||9:04- 9:50|
|3||9:52 – 10:38||3||9:52 – 10:38|
|PM Homeroom||12:16-12:24||PM Homeroom||12:16 -12:24|
|6||12:26 – 1:12||6 (Lunch)||12:26 – 1:12|
|7||1:14 – 2:02||7||1:14 – 2:02|
|8||2:04 – 2:50||8||2:04 – 2:50|
|9||2:52 – 3:35|