Scholars’ Academy Class of 2017 Facts
- Total hours for the 2016-2017 school year- 4,473 hours
- An average of over 37 hours per student!
Average GPA for this class is 92.31!
- 33 AP Scholars
- 12 of them are AP Scholars with Honors
- 5 of them are AP Scholars with Distinction
- 108 students took AP’s (93% of the graduating class)
- 76% scored at least a 3 on an AP exam
- 37% scored a 4 or 5 on an AP exam
- 70 (57.8%) students are receiving Mastery in Math(a 5% increase from last year)
- 31 (25%) students are receiving Mastery in Science(10% increase from last year)
Average SAT score: 1240 on the 1600 scale
Average ACT score: 26
- 100% earned College Ready… (75+ on the English Regents and an 80+ on any Math Regents)
- 98% College Prepared (achieving any one of the following…) Scoring over 65 on the Algebra 2/Trigonometry, Physics, or Chemistry Regents
- 100% earned Regents Endorsed Diploma
- 100% will earn an Advanced Regents Diploma
- 56 students- 46.2% will earn an Advanced Regents Diploma with Honors
- The class 2017 submitted 1,482 applications! (12 per student)
- AMAZING, 77% acceptance rate to the colleges to which they applied overall!
100% were accepted to a four year college and among those are many of the top colleges in the nation-
- Ivy League: Columbia University, Cornell University, and the University of Pennsylvania
- Top NYC and NYS: CUNY Macaulay Honors College, CUNY Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, Rochester Institute of Technology, New York University, Stony Brook and Binghamton.
- Out of Town: The University of San Francisco, University of Southern California, MIT, Boston College, George Washington University and many, many more!
The Class of 2017 graduates:
- Averaged almost $201,000 per student!
- Earned $3 million dollars more in scholarships from the Class of 2016.
- The Class of 2017: Racked up >$24 million!!!!