Scholars’ Academy Middle School Information Session & Tours
- Is ranked one of the best and most diverse schools in New York City! Check it here.
- Has been awarded as a New York State Reward School again for the 2015-2016 school-year!
- Empowers students to earn high school credits in middle school and college credits in high school!
- See Scholars’ Academy School Quality Snapshot and Statistics Here
The Scholars’ Academy Middle School Virtual Tour
The Scholars’ Academy Middle School Virtual Information Session
Thank you for your interest in the Scholars’ Academy Information Sessions. All of our information sessions are fully booked. Students do not have to attend an information session in order to apply. Applications for the 2017 school year will be posted in the Application for admission tab (above).
Expectations and Qualifications
Interviews will be granted on a competitive basis weighing the following data: Combined Standardized Common Core ELA, Math & Science Exam Scores for grades 3 & 4 or the Equivalent, Attendance, Individual Responsibility, Character Learning Profiles from Current School, Demonstrated Success with Special Needs.
GIVEN THE HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICANTS, INTERVIEWS ARE NOT GUARANTEED
- The Scholars’ Academy offers rigorous and accelerated coursework. Students are expected to maintain an 85 and above average, adhere to a discipline and dress policy, and complete multiple high school level courses by the end of 8th grade.
- Continuing students in Scholars’ Academy HS will be on course for earning Regents and Advanced Regents Diplomas by the end of tenth grade enabling the completion of advanced placement and college accredited courses in 11th and 12th grades.
- Grade 8 Regents Courses: Spanish Proficiency Exam, Living Environment, and Integrated Algebra
- Free yellow busing is ONLY provided to students living between 1-5 miles from school.
- Students who are ineligible for yellow busing will receive metrocards for public transportation.
The Scholars’ Academy Middle School Application for September 2017 admission is now Closed.
Thank you for your interest in Scholars’ Academy. The deadline to submit an application for the 2017-2018 school year has passed.
- November – applications are open and available on this website
- December – deadline to submit application
- Late February – Interview appointment letters are mailed to students
- March – Interviews of prospective students
- Late April – Acceptance letters are mailed to students
- 2 years of previous standardized testing including grade 4 NYS Science exam
- previous school year attendance history
- Character & Learning Profile Survey Part I & II