Middle School Admission
Applicants for 6th grade
Scholars’ Academy will now be part of the NYC Middle School Choice Application for September 2019 admission. Parents must create an account in order to apply. Parents can list Scholars' Academy as one of their choices. Here is the link to the myschools [click here] account.
Students attending private or parochial schools must visit the Family Welcome Center in their district to access a myschools account.
Current 5th grade students should see their current elementary school counselor for information and assistance with the myschools account.
In addition, current 5th grade applicants must complete the Scholars' Academy Supplement by CLICKING HERE
The deadline to submit the application and supplement has been extended to Friday December 14th
Applicants for 7th or 8th grade
Current 6th or 7th grade students can apply for September 2019 admission. Please note there is a very limited number of seats available each year.
The deadline to submit an application was Monday Dec 3rd.
Parents must ensure that all application materials are received by Scholars' Academy no later than Friday December 7th.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
All of our information sessions are fully booked. Students do not have to attend an information session in order to apply nor is preference given to students who do attend in the application process. You may want to view the PowerPoint, video, and review the FAQs below.
- Is ranked one of the best and most diverse schools in New York City! Check it here.
- Has been awarded consecutively as a New York State Reward School!
- Empowers students to earn high school credits in middle school and college credits in high school!
You may take a look at the following links for more information on Scholars’ Academy.
NYC DOE SCHOOL DIRECTORY
SCHOLARS' ACADEMY is on page 48 of each PDF below
Middle School Virtual Tours
Expectations and Qualifications
Interviews will be granted on a competitive basis weighing the following data: Combined Standardized Common Core ELA, Math & Science Exam Scores for grade 4 or the Equivalent, Final report card from previous school year, Demonstrated Success with Special Needs.
GIVEN THE HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICANTS, INTERVIEWS ARE NOT GUARANTEED
- The Scholars’ Academy offers rigorous and accelerated coursework. Students are expected to maintain an 85 and above average, adhere to a discipline and dress policy, and complete multiple high school level courses by the end of 8th grade.
- Continuing students in Scholars’ Academy HS will be on course for earning Regents and Advanced Regents Diplomas by the end of tenth grade enabling the completion of advanced placement and college accredited courses in 11th and 12th grades.
- Students engage in a rigorous course of study that includes 3 high school courses and Regents Exams in Grade 8 (Living Environment/Science, Integrated Algebra/Math, and the Spanish Proficiency Exam Course/Spanish). All students are competitively ranked. Students with Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) are encouraged to apply.
- Free yellow busing is ONLY provided to students living between 1-5 miles from school.
- Students who are ineligible for yellow busing will receive MetroCards for public transportation.