Middle School Admission
Applicants for 6th grade
The application for admission to Scholars' Academy for students entering 6th grade in September 2020 is now closed. All interviews and assessments have been completed. Families will receive their middle school match via their myschools account in late March. Thank you for interest in Scholars' Academy.
Applicants for 7th or 8th grade
The application for admission to Scholars' Academy for students entering 7th or 8th grade in September 2020 is now closed. All interviews and assessments have been completed. Applicants will receive notification of the status of their application in late March. Thank you for interest in Scholars' Academy.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Watch Middle School Information Session: Wednesday, October 23rd
- Is ranked one of the best and most diverse schools in New York City! Check it here.
- Has been awarded consecutively as a New York State Reward School!
- Empowers students to earn high school credits in middle school and college credits in high school!
You may take a look at the following links for more information on Scholars’ Academy.
NYC DOE SCHOOL DIRECTORY
SCHOLARS' ACADEMY is on page 48 of each PDF below
Middle School Virtual Tours
Expectations and Qualifications
Interviews will be granted on a competitive basis weighing the following data: Combined Standardized Common Core ELA & Math for grade 4 or the Equivalent, Final report card from previous school year, Previous year attendance & punctuality, Demonstrated Success with Special Needs.
GIVEN THE HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICANTS, INTERVIEWS ARE NOT GUARANTEED
- The Scholars’ Academy offers rigorous and accelerated coursework. Students are expected to maintain an 85 and above average, adhere to a discipline and dress policy, and complete multiple high school level courses by the end of 8th grade.
- Continuing students in Scholars’ Academy HS will be on course for earning Regents and Advanced Regents Diplomas by the end of tenth grade enabling the completion of advanced placement and college accredited courses in 11th and 12th grades.
- Students engage in a rigorous course of study that includes 3 high school courses and Regents Exams in Grade 8 (Living Environment/Science, Integrated Algebra/Math, and the Spanish Proficiency Exam Course/Spanish). All students are competitively ranked. Students with Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) are encouraged to apply.
- Free yellow busing is ONLY provided to students living between 1-5 miles from school.
- Students who are ineligible for yellow busing will receive MetroCards for public transportation.