Middle School Admission
Applicants for 6th grade
Students interested in applying for 6th grade must list Scholars' Academy as a choice on the NYC Middle School Application. You can access the application via your myschools account. Your current elementary school guidance counselor will provide more detailed information. Students attending private or parochial schools or students who are home-schooled must visit a Family Welcome Center to receive a myschools account. The deadline to apply Monday December 2, 2019.
Students applying for 6th grade that have a sibling currently attending Scholars' Academy should complete the:
Applicants for 7th or 8th grade
The application for admission to Scholars' Academy for students entering 7th or 8th grade in September 2020 is now open. The deadline to submit this online application is Monday December 2, 2019. The application consists of:
- Online Application - This application MUST be completed in ONE SITTING. Please have your child with you when you begin. Once this application is started, you CAN NOT save, go back or retrieve.
- PRINT out 2 copies of this application. One to submit to Scholars' Academy with your supporting documentation and one for your records. You must print BEFORE HITTING THE SUBMIT BUTTON. To print you can right click on your mouse or control P. Mac users hit command P.
- Prepare a self addressed and STAMPED business size (#10) envelope. You will submit this envelope with you application materials. This envelope will be used to mail you your notification letter.
- Please submit ALL standardized test score reports for the previous year ex:
- NYS ELA & Math, TerraNova's, Otis Lennon etc.
- Previous school year final report card
- Previous school year attendance & punctuality
- Copy of your child's most recent IEP (if applicable)
All documentation listed above must be submitted directly to Scholars' Academy. Please read the application instructions carefully. Click on the link below to apply.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Information Sessions
Middle School Information Sessions & Tours are for prospective students entering Grades 6, 7 and 8 in September of 2020!
THREE INFORMATION SESSIONS AVAILABLE:
October 22nd, 23rd, & 24th
9:15 am – 11:00 am
Doors open at 9:00 am
Presentation begins promptly at 9:15 am
Reservations are required in advance
Confirmation is needed for admittance into the building. Please print and bring your registration ticket in order to enter the building adults must have a valid photo ID.
Due to space constraints: Only 2 adults and the prospective student from each family may attend. Siblings and other children are not permitted to attend due to space constraints; each family may only book one session to attend.
Watch Middle School Information Session: Wednesday, October 23rd
- Is ranked one of the best and most diverse schools in New York City! Check it here.
- Has been awarded consecutively as a New York State Reward School!
- Empowers students to earn high school credits in middle school and college credits in high school!
You may take a look at the following links for more information on Scholars’ Academy.
NYC DOE SCHOOL DIRECTORY
SCHOLARS' ACADEMY is on page 48 of each PDF below
Middle School Virtual Tours
Expectations and Qualifications
Interviews will be granted on a competitive basis weighing the following data: Combined Standardized Common Core ELA & Math for grade 4 or the Equivalent, Final report card from previous school year, Previous year attendance & punctuality, Demonstrated Success with Special Needs.
GIVEN THE HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICANTS, INTERVIEWS ARE NOT GUARANTEED
- The Scholars’ Academy offers rigorous and accelerated coursework. Students are expected to maintain an 85 and above average, adhere to a discipline and dress policy, and complete multiple high school level courses by the end of 8th grade.
- Continuing students in Scholars’ Academy HS will be on course for earning Regents and Advanced Regents Diplomas by the end of tenth grade enabling the completion of advanced placement and college accredited courses in 11th and 12th grades.
- Students engage in a rigorous course of study that includes 3 high school courses and Regents Exams in Grade 8 (Living Environment/Science, Integrated Algebra/Math, and the Spanish Proficiency Exam Course/Spanish). All students are competitively ranked. Students with Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) are encouraged to apply.
- Free yellow busing is ONLY provided to students living between 1-5 miles from school.
- Students who are ineligible for yellow busing will receive MetroCards for public transportation.