Dear Scholars Students and Parents,
This location will be the home of all internship opportunities. Please check frequently to see what opportunities are available. Please read all Internship notices very carefully to make sure that you qualify. Follow all instructions given and meet the specified deadline. If you have any questions fill out this form and someone will get back to you shortly. If the internship opportunity requires that you fill out an application, make sure that you fill out the application completely.
NOTICE: If you require or have lost your working papers please contact your guidance counselor for information.
THE IMPORTANCE OF AN INTERNSHIP
The importance of an internship cannot be over emphasized. For a Scholars junior or senior, an internship can make you stand out in the college admissions process and enable you to make more informed decisions about your future. An internship will help you:
Gain Valuable Work Experience
- A meaningful internship will give you the opportunity to get real-world experience in a field of interest. This experience will help you stand out when applying to college, your next internship or a future job.
Gain Insight into a Career Field
- A meaningful internship will allow you to gain valuable insights into the ‘tricks of the trade.’ You will be able to witness the day to day activities of professionals in that field and what it might be like to choose that field as a career. You will gain an understanding of how your academic studies translate into practical application.
Prove Your Capabilities
- A meaningful internship will give you the opportunity to assist with projects and support business operations. Successfully accomplishing these tasks proves your ability to function in the work place and these experiences will help you stand out in the college admission process. They also become valuable line items on your resume.
Build a Network
- A meaningful internship is a great opportunity for you to meet industry professionals and make new connections, building a foundation ‘network’ of professionals.
No Freshmen opportunities at this time.
- No Sophomore opportunities at this time.
- No Junior opportunities at this time.
No Senior opportunities at this time.