Middle School Admission
Applicants for 6th grade
Students interested in applying for 6th grade must list Scholars' Academy as a choice on the NYC Middle School Application. You can access the application via your myschools account in mid October. Your current elementary school guidance counselor will provide more detailed information. Students attending private or parochial schools or students who are home-schooled must visit a Family Welcome Center for more detailed information.
Applicants for 7th or 8th grade
The application process for admission to Scholars' Academy for students entering 7th or 8th grade in September 2020 will begin again in late October. Please check back in late September for the most up to date admissions information.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
We will be hosting info sessions in the fall. Please check back frequently for details and registration. You may want to view the PowerPoint, video, and review the FAQs below from last year's sessions.
- Is ranked one of the best and most diverse schools in New York City! Check it here.
- Has been awarded consecutively as a New York State Reward School!
- Empowers students to earn high school credits in middle school and college credits in high school!
You may take a look at the following links for more information on Scholars’ Academy.
NYC DOE SCHOOL DIRECTORY
SCHOLARS' ACADEMY is on page 48 of each PDF below
Middle School Virtual Tours
Expectations and Qualifications
Interviews will be granted on a competitive basis weighing the following data: Combined Standardized Common Core ELA, Math & Science Exam Scores for grade 4 or the Equivalent, Final report card from previous school year, Demonstrated Success with Special Needs.
GIVEN THE HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICANTS, INTERVIEWS ARE NOT GUARANTEED
- The Scholars’ Academy offers rigorous and accelerated coursework. Students are expected to maintain an 85 and above average, adhere to a discipline and dress policy, and complete multiple high school level courses by the end of 8th grade.
- Continuing students in Scholars’ Academy HS will be on course for earning Regents and Advanced Regents Diplomas by the end of tenth grade enabling the completion of advanced placement and college accredited courses in 11th and 12th grades.
- Students engage in a rigorous course of study that includes 3 high school courses and Regents Exams in Grade 8 (Living Environment/Science, Integrated Algebra/Math, and the Spanish Proficiency Exam Course/Spanish). All students are competitively ranked. Students with Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) are encouraged to apply.
- Free yellow busing is ONLY provided to students living between 1-5 miles from school.
- Students who are ineligible for yellow busing will receive MetroCards for public transportation.